THE ULTIMATE ORIENTEERING SHOE FOR RACING
When you try to squeeze every second out of your performance, VJ Bold X is the shoe for you. VJ Bold X was designed in a co-operation with the multiple World Champion Olav Lundanes; Bold X is an orienteering shoe that maximizes grip, lightness, and protection. The Soft Heel technology reduces pressure from the heel bone and Achilles tendon and makes the heel fit like a glove. Toes are left with a bit of extra space to spread, which improves the runner’s balance. The upper is made of a super durable and light Schoeller Keprotec material produced in Switzerland. It is also Bluesign approved, which means that only sustainably developed production methods have been used. The Superior Contact outsole is designed to maximize the grip in all terrain types. The star-shaped carbon steel studs offer a superior grip compared to the traditional round studs. When only the best is good enough, VJ Bold X is the natural choice.
SCHOELLER KEPROTEC® UPPER
This upper is Swiss expertise at its best. Aramid fibres within the fabric makes the shoe amazingly durable and gives excellent protection. It is also Bluesign approved, which means that only sustainably developed production methods have been used.
SOFT HEEL TECHNOLOGY
Reduces pressure to the Achilles tendon and heel bone and ensures a customized snug fit.
A combination of a grippy rubber compound and star studs to ensure maximum grip on any surface. Inspired by the car industry, VJ manufactures their metal studs from carbon steel with the star shape providing superior grip compared to a round stud thanks to the increased number of corners.
When every second matters one cannot afford to carry any extra weight. Although having all the cutting-edge features, Bold X only weighs 245g (UK8).
- Place a sheet of paper on the floor and against a wall.
- Make sure that you are wearing the same socks as you would typically wear with these kinds of shoes.
- Wearing these socks, stand on the sheet of paper with your foot perpendicular to the wall and your heel against the wall.
- Then ask your friend to draw a line just in front of the longest point of your foot. Repeat with both feet and take the longer distance to determine your size.
- Use a ruler and measure the distance between the wall and the line that you drew to find your size. If you are between sizes, choose the bigger one.
The sizes on the table are racing fit with just a couple millimeters of free space on the toebox. If you prefer more space, go for the bigger size. If you have questions or need help with sizing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to help.