Compass is recommended for beginners in orienteering and skilled tourist.
- Sports compass for orienteering;
- Needle settling time: 1.5-2 sec.;
- Stability during running: Good
- Magnet: High-power;
- Scale: yellow, scale unit 2 degrees;
- Recommended for beginners in orienteering and skilled tourist.
Magnetic balance zones available
The earth’s magnetic field does not flow evenly between the magnetic poles along the surface of the planet. The local magnetic field lines tilt as you approach a pole, flowing completely vertical at either pole. To compensate for the natural tilt in the magnetic field Moscompass compasses have a balancing system with needles balanced for each magnetic zone, that results in fast needle settling times and excellent needle stability during running.
- MN - Magnetic north (Europe, North America, Asia)
- NME - North magnetic equator
- ME - Magnetic equator (Brasil, central Africa)
- SME - South magnetic equator
- MS - Magnetic south (Australia, New Zealand)
Compass plates available
This compass is available for right hand and left hand with all plates (L, R, XL, XR, C, B) listed in this product's photo gallery. Please specify plate for your compass in section "Available options".
Moscompass was founded in 1992 and specializes in manufacture of high quality compasses for orienteering sports and tourism. Moscompass compasses work in extreme conditions, when quick and precise direction readings are of greatest importance. Thanks to unique characteristics - speed of a needle setting and needle stability during running - the Moscompass is recognized all over the world among amateurs and professional orienteers.