Developed for the sport of orienteering, FRENSON NordFORCE STABLE thumb compass stands for accuracy, speed and stability. Ergonomically shaped, angled baseplate, with only the most necessary directional and bearing markings on it, has been designed to provide an unencumbered view of cartographic detail.
In combination with sophisticated needle stabilization technology, FRENSON NordFORCE compass is the tool of choice for an orienteering runner who looks for outstanding visibility, fast-settling and stable needle compass.
Beyond orienteering, FRENSON NordFORCE STABLE thumb compass can be used for hiking, mountaineering, rogaining and adventure racing. FRENSON NordFORCE STABLE compass is compatible with all the most popular compass magnifying glasses and features luminous details for night navigation.
- Needle stability: Stable;
- Needle settling speed: Fast;
- Magnet: high-power neodymium magnet;
- Rotatable capsule with black/white dial, red-marked north(N) and 2 degrees resolution;
- Luminous dots on housing and north pointing needle for night navigation;
- Extra durable, ergonomic, thumb plate design for high visibility, no superfluous markings;
- Needle balancing zones: for northern hemisphere; for southern hemisphere;
- Available in left-hand and right-hand versions;
- Magnifier mounting holes, compatible with all most popular magnifiers;
- Overall Dimensions: 3.6" x 2.5" x 0.4" (9.2 x 6.5 x 1.2 cm)
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (37 grams)
Magnetic balance zones:
The earth’s magnetic field does not flow evenly between the magnetic poles along the surface of the planet. The local magnetic field lines tilt as you approach a pole, flowing completely vertical at either pole. To compensate for the natural tilt in the magnetic field FRENSON NordFORCE compasses have a balancing system with needles balanced for each magnetic zone, that results in fast needle settling times and excellent needle stability during running.
MN - Magnetic North
NME - North magnetic Equator
ME - Magnetic Equator
SME - South magnetic Equator
MS - Magnetic South